I originally called a few months before my appointment specifically to have a scalp cyst removed and the scheduler told me the next appointment was August 9th. I took it, and then was called a few weeks ago and told that TVC was bringing in some other dermatologists to reduce the backlog and would I be interested in an appointment sooner. I agreed and today met with Dr. Clark, who was nice and professional enough; however, no one told me either on the phone during several conversations, or while the Medical Assistant took my history, that I would not be having the cyst removed that day. I only found out when the Dr. told me they would call me for my next appointment. And this was after I specifically told the MA and Dr. that "since we are removing this today, you should know [specifics of my case]...". I then had to clarify with the Dr. "you are not going to take this cyst out?" after which he explained that he does not do that procedure. I am highly disappointed that I specifically came in to have a cyst removed and no one took the time to (1) explain the procedure(2) listen to me and (3)schedule me with a provider who could actually remove the cyst.

With my insurance, I pay 100% of doctor's visits and was not expecting insurance to pay for this, so in addition to losing another 2 hours of work and a 30 minute drive each way, this lack of information cost me several hundred dollars. I did not have the procedure.

Only when I complained to the A/P department, refusing to pay my bill did someone from Customer Service call me and then told me that she read that the supervisor had called, when clearly they did not. I have since moved my business to another provider.

Review about: The Vancouver Clinic Customer Care.

Had an Experience with The Vancouver Clinic?

Comments